Thursday, March 15, 2012

And it Strikes Again...

















As you can see Blakely is now the next victim of the lovely Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease!  I am really getting sick of this.  On Wednesday Blakely woke up with a few bumps and by 9:30ish I was at school to pick her up and she was starting to get covered.  It had spread to her hands and the back of her knees.  She seemed fine - talking and playing as usual but as the day progressed so did the blisters/rash.  She took a nap shortly after lunch because she kept asking "Is it nap time?"  "I think this what time we take a nap at school."  So finally I put her down for a nap and she slept and slept - I had to wake her up to go get Drew.  Once I got her awake she seemed okay but definitely had a lot more blisters/rash.  By this time her hands were getting it pretty bad and she was getting random ones all over he body - chest, back, booty, face, etc...  Then by about 6:30 she was covered and starting to cry about her feet hurting and itching uncontrollable.  Thank goodness my parents made it back from the beach - I am sure this is not what they wanted to come home to but WELCOME HOME!  We are so glad you are back.  My Mom suggested Blakely just spend the night and they would keep her today so we quickly agreed.  Mom said she was up with her until 5AM - Blakely just couldn't get comfortable and she just kept itching.  Poor thing!  Anyway - they said she did pretty well today.  They gave her an oatmeal bath and that has seemed to really help.  This evening she has it pretty bad.  I tried to get some pics but I didn't think about it until she was a sleep.  I got a few but those aren't even the worse areas.  I guess we will see how she is in the morning.  With Drew it last about three days so I am hoping that is the case with Blakely to.  Drew still has a few blister/rash spots but for the most part they are gone and he isn't complaining of itching much anymore.  Thank goodness!!  So with all that said as you can see I am ready for this to be over with.....be done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment