Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy April!


Well - as you know my birthday is this month - April 26th to be exact and I thought it would be a great idea to tell you 26 things about ME! I will tell you one thing each day until we get to the big day so stay tuned.... (I sound like Quinn counting down. Quinn always starts in early February or sometimes even January counting down her birthday for us!)


#1 - I love being a mommy, especially a TWIN mommy. I love those little munchkins so much it is crazy! I always knew I wanted kids but I didn't know it would feel like this. Here are a few of my favorite things about being a TWIN Mom:


  • Sweet Angel: There is always someone in a good mood. Inevitably if one kid is having a tantrum, the other is being an angel.

  • 2-For-1 Bonus: One pregnancy, two babies - only one childbirth, one childbirth recovery, and one newborn sleeplessness period, and you get TWO kids out of the deal.

  • A Bond: crawling together, holding each other hand, talking to each other, kissing each other, being more than best friends, etc... This bond starts even before birth and hopefully it will continue for all their lives.

  • Don't sweat the small stuff - you don't have time with two!

  • Double Everything: Double hugs, double kisses, mommy-in-the-middle "sandwich", Twin spankings, etc.

  • Alike, but Different: It is fascinating to observe twins. They are so alike, yet SO different. It is interesting to see them develop as individuals.

  • A Sense of Status: Okay, I'll admit it! I get a thrill of pride in being a mom of Twins. It's like being in a club. I love the reaction I get when I tell people I have twins. "Wow!" "I always wanted twins." "I don't know how you do it..."

  • Sharing: Twins share EVERYTHING - their birthday, their parents' attention, and most of their stuff! Although sometimes this can be hard for them it is fun to watch the unselfishness they display from time to time.

Stay tuned for #2...

No comments:

Post a Comment