Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary!


#2 Thing About Me... I love my hubby! Today is our 6 year anniversary. I can't believe that it has been six years - on one hand it feels just like yesterday but on the other hand it seems like foooooooooooorever! Just Kidding - It has been great! Happy Anniversary Phillip - I love you forever and always!


I found this on the Internet and I just had to use it here -


In honor of our 6 year anniversary, I've pulled together my Top 6 things I learned in 6 years of being married, which would apply to any couples, married or not. (I don't always do them all, but I strive, and that's a start.)

1. When you're right, shut up. When you're wrong, apologize. It ends an argument more quickly, and that generally means less damage in the meantime. (If only I listened to this.)

2. Despite what the experts say, it's OK to go to bed angry. (Would we ever sleep if we didn't :)) Your spouse can piss you off more than just anyone else, and sometimes some distance -- like 8 hours of sleep -- can change perspective for each of you.

3. Your spouse isn't going to change. The things that annoy you about him (or her) when you are dating will just get worse and become more and more annoying. Be ready for it, and be willing to love him (or her) the way he (or she) is.

4. If you have kids, present a united front when the kids are in earshot at all costs (unless your partner advocates something that might seriously harm the kids, of course.) Undermining your spouse's opinion in front of the kids can really wear on a relationship. If you disagree about his ruling on whether your son can watch a certain TV show, for example, discuss it privately. You have a right to make your case -- just don't use it as ammunition.

5. Tell your spouse you love him (or her) more often than you think you need to. Sure he (or she) knows it, but what's the harm in making someone feel super loved. No one ever died of being loved too much.

6. When your spouse gets inordinately upset about something, there's probably something else going on. He (or she) is probably really troubled about something totally unrelated. Be the mature one and hear him (or her), rather than complain that he (or she) is "blowing things out of proportion." You'll end up supporting him (or her) instead of fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment