Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pre-K Halloween Party










Yesterday I got to attend the kids Pre-K Halloween Party. I was so excited I was able to attend (Thank you Chapel Hill Administration)! When I got to their classroom they were on the rug coloring a candy corn and they didn't see me come it and I really enjoyed that. It was fun to just watch them without them knowing I was there. I was glad to see that they were behaving and doing well. They were coloring a candy corn which was really cute - they had the kids get their orange crayon and color the bottom and then they had to wait for their friends to finish and they were to get a yellow crayon and color the next section and so on well my little miss perfectionist daughter Blakely was taking forever to make sure she got every little part and didn't go out of the lines that she was taking fooooooorever so I heard the teacher say maybe your mommy has a yellow crayon at home and you can finish there because she was taking so long and her friends were starting to get restless. It was really cute - wonder where she gets that from??? Drew on the other hand is not much into coloring so he did the minimum required and was ready to move on. So funny how Twins can be SOOOO different! Eventually they realized I was there and it was so cute Drew looked over with the cutest little grin and gave me a little shy wave - it was so sweet, it just made my day! After they finished the candy corns they headed to the table for the Halloween Lunch. They were ALL so excited about this and it was so fun to be able to attend and be a part of this special day with them. They were excited for me to be there and all I kept thinking is not much longer and they will be embarrassed of me and not want me there so I enjoyed every moment of it. They had a special lunch and a really cool drink complete with worms and all. It was great and after being in that class for that short amount of time I don't know how those teachers do it. They must have lots and lots of patience because I would go CRAZY. They never stop talking and asking questions. I guess that is how you learn but I am so glad I teacher high school where you can just tell them to "sit down and shut up" - Just kidding but I still don't know how they do it. Anyway - Thanks Sikes Pre-K for another great event. The kids really enjoyed it and I really appreciate it and what all you are doing for my kiddos.


No comments:

Post a Comment