Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Berry Pickin'













Since it was Memorial Day weekend we wanted to think of something fun to do so I researched on the Internet as I always do and I decided that I would throw out the idea of going berry picking and see what the family had to say and believe it or not they all agreed and thought like it sounded like a great idea.  So Saturday morning pretty early we headed to Southern Belle Farms.  When we got there we decided we were going to pick strawberries, blackberries and blueberries little did we know it was like the hottest day YET!!!  However we picked and picked and we ended up picking about 2 gallons of strawberries, 1 gallon of blackberries and about a quart of blueberries.  The kids enjoyed this but they were quite whinny about the heat.  After picking we head to Buckner's to eat.  Buckner's is a country cooking type place.  If you haven't every tried it I highly suggested it.  It is OH SO YUMMY!  After getting our bellies full we headed to the outlets in Locust Grove.  Thank goodness that was our plan because there was a big truck fire and the highway was shut down for over 4 hours.  So we got off finally and shopped around.  We found some really good deals for the kids so all and all it was a good trip.  After shopping the highway was still shut down so thank goodness for my repoing husband that is GREAT with directions.  He took us around the traffic.  It took a little longer to get home but at least we weren't sitting in traffic.  Once we got home we headed to the mall to check out Old Navy's $2 tank top sell and then we decided we were hungry to we headed to Hudson's.  Once we got to Hudson's Drew said he didn't want anything to eat so the rest of us ordered and ate and then Phillip went to pay the bill and the day went down hill from there.  As we were getting ready to leave Drew threw up everywhere and when I say everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE!!!  All over him, the floor, the table, in a bowl - all over me, my face, my Coach purse, feet, even down to my BRA!!!  It was the grosses thing.  Needless to say but we will NOT be going to Hudson's anytime soon.  It was SO embarrassing.  Once we got home we threw up again in the garage and Phillip had to clean all that up and then we got him some meds and put him to bed.  Poor thing I don't know what got into him.  Hopefully we will have a better day tomorrow!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment