Friday, March 18, 2011

March Madness

March Madness - and we are not talking basketball here! March is such a busy, crazy month. Just ask any teacher. March is the month where we start all the registration type stuff for next school year and start wrapping up stuff for this school year. It is a great deal of extra work and long hours but it is kind of exciting to - it means the end of the year is quickly approaching. It is also exciting to see all the upcoming freshman and how excited they are about High School. Not only do we complete the advisement process for our current and upcoming students in March but we are also in the middle of a Learning Focus School training as well as we are being trained for Class Keys which is going to be the way we are evaluated next year. All of these training have meetings and homework attached to them! Also in the month of March we have meetings – CTAE, IEP, SLC, etc… It’s crazy and I’m not done yet! We also have grades due for report cards and next week is GHSGT followed by Freshman Expo! We also have a DECA club meeting this month and I have scheduled guest speakers in my classroom. Also somewhere in there we have to fit in our Year End Evaluation and this is just what is going at school (after school)! On the home front we have just about the same amount of “madness”! We have some celebrations this month – which is good thing! We have Catherine’s birthday, Twins friend’s birthday parties to attend as well as a couple baby showers and Quinn and Jim’s Anniversary! We also have the Seeds of Faith Preschool Silent Auction where the twin’s get to show off what they learn during music class. Oh! And we have church on Wednesday night and choir practice. We also meet with the share group once during the month. Also each week we have our regulars - dance for Blakely and baseball practice and games for Drew. We also have to do some things for St. Patrick’s Day this month as well as send in snacks for the preschool & baseball. Also somewhere amongst the madness I decided to get things together for the Bright Star Kids Consignment Sale! I don’t know what I was thinking. And last but not least I scheduled a colonoscopy for this month! As you can see it is a Mad Crazy Month! Not all of it is bad and like Phillip and my Mom tell me often I bring a lot of it on myself and I know that but what I bring on myself is the things that I like to do – like the St. Patrick’s Day goodies for the kids class! Oh well – it might be a crazy, busy, chaotic life but I LOVE it! I mean really who cares about a clean house we are never their anyway with a schedule like this! I really do like being busy. I do much, much better when I am busy otherwise I turn into a procrastinator. I would like a little more time to do some of the things that I enjoy like making crafts, scrapbooking, sewing, etc… but we’ll see maybe I can get some of that done over the summer! Ha Ha – as if it is not any busier! Anyway – hopefully we can relax a little as we are going to the lake this weekend after Drew’s game! Oh! Dad’s going never mind! (Just Kidding Dad – we appreciate all your hard work and all the hard work you make us do. Without you it would probably never get done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment