Friday, January 4, 2013

Legoland Date






It's date time!  Drew has been wanting to go on a date with me to Legoland since we went last time which was like last March or something.  He has been saving every bit of change he could find to have enough money to take me on our date.  It is so sweet.  He would find a penny on the ground and he would grab it up and save it in his little pocket in his car door handle and he would count it and count it and ask if he had enough.  He would also say things like you are going to have to drive on our date because I am not old enough or after we go do my fun thing we can go to something fun for your Mommy!  He is such a sweet boy.  So one day I was at Belk and I happened across a coupon for 1 adult free with the purchase of a child ticket and it had to be used by Dec. 31st.  So finally one day as he was counting his change I said "Yes - you have enough!"  He was so excited.  He didn't really quite have enough but I was just proud of him for saving all that he did.  So after Christmas on one of our days off we headed to Legoland.  I had to explain to Blakely that I only had one coupon and that Drew had really worked hard saving his money and that only he was going to be able to go.  She of course wasn't happy but she did well with it.  She was pretty proud of him.  She even gave him a few pennies which was really nice.  So that she didn't get totally left out we invited her and Grandma to double date with us to the mall and then we split.  They went shopping and we went to Legoland.  It was prefect.  I really enjoyed my alone time with Drew.  He was so excited and proud to be on a date with me.  After our date we met back up with Grandma and B and headed to Lenox and then to lunch.  It was a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment