Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ouch!!!


Well - if you haven't heard or seen - I hurt my foot!  How you ask?  Well, it is really not that exciting of a story.  My kids at school told me that I just need to make up a cool story and wear my nice boot as a badge of honor!  Really what happen was a fell down the stairs.  Over Labor Day Weekend when we were having the yard sale at Nanny's house I was carrying a little nightstand table down the stairs and I made it almost to the bottom before I had the great fall.  In the end me and the nightstand did a not so graceful fall down the stairs.  I knew that it hurt immediately when I did it but I have a pretty high pain tolerance level and I just kind of tried to not think about it and got up and kept moving.  It still hurt but I didn't think it was that bad, then Sunday it was still hurting and swelling, then Monday the same thing but again I just kept thinking it would get better.  Then Tuesday I went to school and it started to swell even more and as I was walking around more at school it started to hurt worse and worse so I got a doctors appoint Tuesday afternoon and sure enough I did hurt it.  I didn't break it but I did tear the ligaments on both sides on my ankle.  They did xrays and checked in all out and put me in this oh, so stylish boot for the next two weeks - fun, fun!!  Then I go back in two weeks and they are going to re-xray and check it out again and hopefully I will get to stop wearing this lovely thing.  It is such a pain and hot!  The doctor said I will probably need some physical therapy when I get the boot off to work up the strength back in it.  So we will see.  I am just ready to walk normal again.  This boot makes small task quite a challenge.  I never realized how much I walk during the day until I had this thing on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment