Sunday, August 26, 2012

First Race - GREAT job!






















 
Saturday Blakely and Drew ran in their first race and they loved it.  They are going to start Road Runners at Brighten after Labor Day.  Road Runners is an afterschool running club that students can participate in.  My nephew, Will, has done it for years and has loved it and the Twins couldn't wait until they were old enough to participate so when I saw Brighten offered it we immediately signed them up.  They can't wait until it starts.  To get them a little bit of experience we decided to do the P.E.T. run this past weekend since we thought most school haven't really started their Road Runners programs yet it might be a smaller race.  We went up to Fairplay park a couple times in the past few weeks to practice a little bit but they really didn't know much around running in a race.  They were so excited.  Saturday we woke up and went and watch Will race.  He did a great job.  He actually had to run a mile and a half!  I don't know how he did it in that heat and up and down hills but he did a great job.  Then we left for a while and came back for Blakely and Drew to race.  Drew raced first and he did okay.  He was a little nervous, confused, and distracted but he finished and for his first race that was all I was hoping for.  Blakely ran next and she did great.  She was a little nervous as well but not quite as much as Drew because she got to see him do it first.  She did a great job and really turned up the heat at the end.  I am not really sure what place she came in but she did get in her words a "Golden Metal"!  I am just so proud of them both for even attempting the race.  I have never been much of a runner so I am pretty impressed with whatever they do because I don't think I could do it.  I also thought that one of them winning a metal and the other not might cause a problem but it sure didn't.  They were just proud of each other also Blakely said I got a "golden metal" this time because Drew you already got one for baseball.  It was so sweet.  I sure do love those kiddos.  Well, we will see how they progress.  They have to run three races to be part of Road Runners so one down two more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment